System group consists of eight settings:
- Application users
- Location manager
- CAL manager
- Business units
- Video server
- Report Scheduler.
Let's start with the first one.
It is important to distinguish the application user from the access user.
An application user is anyone who has access to the application and can use it according to the roles assigned to them.
An access user is a person who has been granted the rights to access a particular space or location. It doesn't have to be an app user, just as the app user doesn't have to be an access user.
You can find the Application users setting in the System group. Look for it in the main menu, in the side panel on the left side.
Here's what will appear when you click it:
1) Application users - here you will find all important and relevant data about application users, divided into up to nine categories which can be displayed in columns. You can choose whether to display all at once or just some of them. Here's the description of the few most important ones.
|STATUS||Indicates whether the user is active or not. You can filter the list by clicking on the thumbnail next to the word Status.|
|Displays the e-mail address to which the subscriber receives e-mail notifications.|
|USER NAME||Displays the name used by the user in the application.|
|PHONE||Displays the phone number to which the user receives text message (SMS) and voice notifications.|
|ROLES||Displays the level of access a user has to individual segments of the application.|
|LAST ACTIVITY||Displays when the user last used the application.|
You can specify which categories of data will be displayed and which will be hidden. This is what the tools in the Toolbar are for. Speaking of which...
2) Toolbar - here are the tools for editing and managing data in the Application users. Let's see what is at your disposal, viewed from left to right:
- Activate card view - use this tool to switch from a table view to a view in which data is grouped by tabs related to each user.
- Enable user - clicking this button will enable the user to access the application.
- Disable user - clicking this button will disable the user to access the application.
- Edit user - here you can change the settings for each user and assign them one or more roles. For more information see the Create application users article.
- Delete user - use this if you want to delete a user (or more than one, depending how many of them you have selected).
- Export to Excel - use this button to receive a version of the table in a format suitable for review in Microsoft Excel and alike programs. The table file can be saved locally to your computer.
- Table settings - here you can specify which columns of data will be displayed, as well as what will be the data source for the Alphabet filter.
- Search - use this to search the table by keywords.
- New application user - here you can add a new application user. For more information see the Create application users article.
In order for individual tools in the Toolbar to be available you will need to first select the user by clicking the box in the first column of the Application users table (on the left side) next to their name.
3) Alphabetical filter - located at the top, in the middle section of the screen, this filter can be used to set the Application users table so that it shows users by the first letter of the user's first name or surname.
To change the view, it is enough to click a single letter, which will then change the color to orange. To return to all users view, click the same letter again.
For more information see the Using tables article.