Business units allows group of application users to surveillance over particular locations. Every business unit can have unlimited number of locations and users.
To create a business unit click on Settings in the main menu (cog icon in top right corner) and then in the panel on your left select Business units under group System.
Then in the toolbar in the upper-right corner click the green button containing + (plus) and the text New.
A pop-up window named New Business Unit will appear. It has two tabs:
1) Name - enter business unit's name.
2) Locations - from the dropdown menu select one or more locations that will be visible to users of a created business unit. You can select one or more of them, or search for them.
3) Description - enter business unit's description.
4) Cancel button - click this button to leave the pop-up window without saving.
5) Save button - click this button to save all settings.
Attention! Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required. These fields must not be left blank wherever you encounter them.
The Users tab is used to embed selected users to a business unit. Click Users to open it.
Here you will find a table with users arranged by name, last name, and username, as well as tick boxes to help you select a user (or more of them) so you can apply toolbar tools to them, as well as Cancel and Save buttons.
In the upper right corner there is a toolbar with these options (from left to right):
- delete user - enables you too delete one or more previously added users.
- find user - enables you to search for users in order to add them.
- Add button - use it to add a new user (or multiple users at once).
When you click the Add button, a new Add Users window will appear, listing available users that can be added. Here's what it will offer you:
1) Boxes on the left side can be used for marking user or users you want to add. You can mark just one, several or all of them (if you select the box that's next to First name).
2) Tabular representation of existing users by name, last name, and username.
3) Search tool - it is here to help you find and add users more quickly.
4) Total - displays how many users are available to add.
5) Add button - Click it after you have selected one or more users that you want to add to your business unit.
After you have selected user(s) and clicked Add you will be automatically returned to the Add business unit window.
At any time you can ask for help if you click the question mark icon (?) in bottom left corner. Tab Create business users can be closed by clicking X in top right corner.
Attention! Users who have an administrator user role cannot be added to the business unit.