The sidebar panel on the left contains filters that are used to narrow the display of data in certain modules. These filters are arranged in groups according to the type.
Each module has a different group of filters, depending on the type of elements and the data displayed in the module.
Common to all modules is the Location group. The Enable recursive selection and Expand all features are available for this group. You can access them by hovering the computer mouse over the group name.
The Enable recursive selection feature allows, while Expand all displays all currently available and visible locations within the Location group.
If you click an individual filter, the display of information on the desktop will be narrowed to those data that meet the selected criteria associated with that filter.
Filters from different groups can be used independently or combined. It is also possible to select multiple filters simultaneously within the same or in different groups.
Clicking on an individual filter will activate that filter. You will recognize the active filter by orange colour display. Clicking on it will deactivate it and it will be displayed in white again.
You can open or close filter groups by clicking on the name of the filter group. The total number of filtered data is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen and with the number next to the Online filter.
Using the Devices module as an example, we will show you which elements make up filters.
1) Search - here you can search for filters. For more instructions, see Search filters.
2) Clear all button - click this button to deselect all selected filters. In order for the button to be available, at least one filter must be ticked.
3) Filter settings - here you can specify which groups of filters will be displayed.
4) Filter groups - each module contains different filter groups. The Location group is the standard element for all modules. In this example, filter groups are visible:
By placing the computer mouse cursor over the filter group name you will gain access to two more features:
- Enable/disable recursive selection - select or deselect all filters at once.
- Open / close all - open or close all filters at once.
5) Enable filters - if you click on the name of a filter group, all available and visible filters within that group will be displayed. You can activate the filter display in subgroups by clicking on the arrow next to their name. An individual filter can be activated by checking the box next to it, or deactivated by unchecking it. When the filter is active it is displayed as orange, and when it is inactive - as white. It is possible to select one filter or several at once.
For more information about how to manage the filter group view in the sidebar, see the Filter settings article.
Note: Specific filter groups are described in the sections of each module.