The Supracontrol Enterprise application allows you to activate video recording after detecting the transition of an imaginary line. Recorded videos can be viewed in the Playback module.
The line-crossing video setting needs to be set:
- on camera via the web interface
- in the Supracontrol Enterprise application.
1. How to set up a camera via web interface
In the main menu, select the Devices module and then the Cameras tab, where a tabular view of all cameras added to the application is available. Let’s take a look at what we need to set up the camera.
1) Camera settings via the web interface - here you can select the camera (or more than one) which settings you want to change. In the Name column, click the camera name underlined in orange. A new pop-up window with camera settings via the web interface will open.
2) Username - enter the user name of the camera here.
3) Password - enter the camera password here.
4) Login button - click the Login button to log in to the camera settings homepage.
5) Configuration - select the Configuration tab to access the camera configuration settings.
6) Smart Event - in the panel on the left side, in the Event group, select the Smart event setting.
7) Line crossing detection - select the Line crossing detection tab.
8) Enable - here you can turn on the line recording setting.
9) Area settings - this tab allows you to manually set the imaginary line after which the camera will automatically create a video.
10) Save button - click the Save button to save and activate the settings you have entered.
2. Line crossing settings in the Supracontrol application
Highlight the camera you want to set up to capture by crossing the line by ticking the box next to it on the left side, and select the Camera Settings tool (it has a small gear icon) in the toolbar.
The Bulk Camera settings pop-up window will open.
Select the Recording tab, and then select the Line Transition setting. The following options will appear on the right:
1) Enable line crossing - by checking this box you will activate the start of recording after crossing the imaginary line.
2) Enable pre-event recording - if you select this option, you will enable pre-event recording.
3) Duration (sec) - enter the duration of the pre-event recording (in seconds).
4) Enable post-event recording - with this option you can enable post-event recording.
5) Duration (sec) - enter the recording duration after the event (in seconds).
6) Defined schedules - select from the drop-down menu whether to use predefined schedules or whether recording will always be active.
7) Cancel button and Save button - after entering all the data, click the Save button. If you want to cancel for any reason, click the Cancel button.
At any time you can ask for help if you click the question mark icon (?) in bottom left corner. Tab Bulk camera settings can be closed without saving by clicking X in top right corner.